Monday, December 18, 2006

This strip is beyond comprehension and etc.

I...just don't understand today's strip. I mean, at all. I keep looking at it and going, "What? Huh? No, really--huh?" To the point where it's now getting its own label. I would love to see what J. Waddel actually sent it to Scaduto; was it really this convoluted? "Don't you hate those neighbors who bash the UN for not doing enough to stop war, but then they go out and get into a fight with their own neighbors? Happens all the time!"

I mean...OK, so the guy's saying that the UN should stop wars. But he, himself, has no problem feuding with his neighbor. I'm still not entirely sure that I find those comparable. The real story is that he's a jerkwad who likes to talk a big game about things he (most likely) has no actual knowledge of.

I will point out that the "Er-G-Gulp" noise that the neighbor is making in no way matches the neighbor's expression. Maybe it's just that his mustache points up at the end, but I keep thinking he's smiling. I love the mustache, though.

I'm also getting a bit sick of the characters who are making faces at the audience. It's like Al thinks that we need to be told how we're supposed to feel about the main character. Agh. We get it. This isn't The Office, and that guy certainly isn't Jim.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The number of just plain incomprehensible Scaduto droppings has been increasing over the past few months. It isn't noticible to the layman, however, as Scaduto is usually simply stupid, not stupid AND crazy. so we respect and appreciate your careful scrutiny!

 
At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beware...the usage of your 'huh?' tag is going to grow exponentially, I fear.

 
At 12:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fignewt in tomorrow's strip looks about the same age as his aunt with that white hair.
Guess 'shotgun' can't be printed so 'backseat' has to be used.. or maybe some English term I don't know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home