Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Brief happiness in the land of TDIET

Nothing could make the new year brighter than to start it off with Migraina in today's strip. (And yes, I realize that today is January 3, but since I didn't have to work the past two days, they don't count.)

Really, the husband's mistake was the "and it's nice" comment. It's not nice and $15 was way too much to pay for it. So Migraina heard that her husband liked the lamp, which naturally meant that an entire room like it would be OK. I find it a bit hard to believe that she would basically redo the entire room without mentioning it to her husband, but people in TDIETland are different from me. (Thank God.) The room will look like something from some horrible Victorian novel. That would be enough to make me cry, too.

The "What follows next? Heh heh. You have to ask, dear reader?" is what gets me. Really, I had no idea what would follow next. The one just doesn't progress to the other for me.

I'm just going to take comfort from the top panel, where everyone's happy and smiling. It's such a rarity.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I can't be the only one who read "enough to make a grown man cry" and instantly thought "Start Me Up".

 
At 12:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think Scaduto has heard anyone speaking Englishb out loud. How does one say "Dig-g-g-g it?" Why would anyone elongate the V in "lov-v-v-v-e"? I mean, that doesn't even sound nat-t-t-trual.

 
At 5:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you ask me, negative 15 dollars is too much to pay for that lamp. :)

 
At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you need to break out a squid tag...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home