Friday, December 29, 2006

I wouldn't get a haircut from a guy whose hair looks like Flavio's

Ah, today's strip is yet another that elicits a "Nope, never happened to me." Because, no, I've never washed my hair in a sink (particularly when there is a shower right there next to it) and I've certainly never had a hairdresser tell me that I need to wash my hair. Usually we chat a bit about what I want done, then go get it washed.

That being said, I kind of get what A. Rodsky is saying. It's like when you scrub down your apartment and then your mom comes over and is all, "The place looks nice. It'd look nicer if it had been cleaned." Or really, when anything you do is pretty much overlooked. This situation is just a lot more insulting.

Kudos to Al for the drawing of the wife in the top panel. She actually looks young. Quite a bit younger than her husband, but whatever. I have to give Al credit whenever he manages to portray someone who doesn't look 47. Also, I love the name Flavio.

But really, "topmop"? I object.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like the guy normally doesn't shampoo and just decided to give it a try one day. No wonder his hair looks terrible.

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger That's the Spirit said...

I don't get it at all. Is Al saying the guy's wife's shampoo is terrible? Or that his wife's shampoo is good, and the barber doesn't recognize a good shampoo when he sees it? If the latter, isn't the barber incompetent? If the former, does that mean his wife has bad taste?

 
At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The husband didn't find his wife's shampoo. He found a can of whipped cream and washed his hair with it. No wonder the barber thinks he should wash his hair in the bottom panel. And no wonder his wife is smirking in the top panel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home