Thursday, December 28, 2006

I'll take "Idiotic comic strips" for $200, Alex

Thanks for all the Christmas wishes, folks. I had a lovely time while also managing to frighten my sister with my passionate dissing of Anthony from For Better or For Worse. My sister hasn't read it in ages, and was all, "Oh, I like Anthony!" Big mistake on her part.

On to today's strip. On what game show is someone picked out of the audience like that? The only shows that I can think of that involve people being picked from the audience are shows like The Price is Right or Supermarket Sweep (man, I miss Supermarket Sweep), where it's just totally random. It's never, "Do we have any smart people? Come on down, smart person!" And really, most trivia shows are all over the board; few specialize in travel-related questions (or whatnot), and if they do, they're called Travel-Related Quiz Show (or, you know, Supermarket Sweep), not The Big Buck-a-Roo Show (and "buck-a-roo" can really be one word, Al). Any show that's giving away a quarter of a million dollars is probably one that is supposed to appeal to a general audience; hence, there is a question about popular culture. I actually took the test for Jeopardy and trust me, it had some lowbrow (well, comparatively) questions on there.

And stop glaring at the reader, Mr. Crankypants. Just because you're ancient and don't listen to what the kids these days listen to doesn't make the question an invalid one. I'm just going to assume that the wife is shocked by how befuzzled the contestant is (I'm not going to acknowledge the name Al gave him).

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 12:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year there!
Didn't know you were a Foob snarker; do you frequent at
community.livejournal.com/binky_betsy/
or
aprilsrealblog.blogspot.com



Thanks for clearing that strip up! Beyond me. There's this old gag
about some guy correctly
answering all the questions,
and then the game host is surprised
that the final question is an easy one to the general public,
yet something beyond the savant's grasp like of baseball innings.
I can't decide if the guy watching tv is disgusted that Eyeque there
doesn't know The Easiest Teeny-pop Question Ever, or ... or maybe is a little sympathetic with the guy.


At least Al seems
to acknowledge the wife being a new bride with those little clean white frames and things in next day's comic.

 
At 12:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm... what the hell is "punk rap"?

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Barb said...

I do read the Foobiverse journal, though I don't read April's real blog much. I get way more upset over FBOFW than I do about TDIET. Which is sad, any way you look at it. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home