Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The urge to stop rerunning ideas?

Today's strip is a slight variation on a strip from May...to the point that just now, I couldn't remember which one was today's and which one was the older one. (Hint: The nurse in today's is blonde.) For pete's sake, it's boiled scrod instead of roast beef in both of them! We learned from helpful reader rowboat last time that hospital patients in Germany do get to pick off of a menu, and that they usually get what they want. And again, it's a case of complaining. If Fignewt can't have roast beef because of dietary restrictions, yes, someone should've told him. But in general, I can't get worked up about this. Mostly because I'm spending my time comparing the two strips. I think the old one is better.

And Happy Halloween, all! I wish Al would get on the bandwagon of themed strips. Ah well.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, Blogger Kaitlyn said...

When I was in the hospital last August (kidney stones) - whatever I ordered, I got.

And my friends and family brought outside food.

Only restriction - no eating before the procedures. Whatever.

Now, last April, in the charming psych ward, you picked a meal off a menu and it was like a lotto. Luckily, the default meal was chicken strips.

And during visiting hours, my mom brought me fast food. Yum!

The nurse says "Yas" instead of yes!

As for restrictions - they won't let you order the food. "I want choice A." "No, you're only allowed this..." Before dumping squid on your lap.

 
At 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What? No squid, Al?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home