Friday, October 26, 2007

Now we know who's causing global warming

I really don't know what to make of today's strip. I feel bad trying to say anything bad about it, because pollution is bad, mmmkay? But it's just so bizarre. Isn't smoking pretty much already prohibited in all workplaces already? I've encountered a few places (like my old job, for example) where there was a smoking lounge, but most places don't have anything like that anymore, much less allow people to light up at their desks. Or assembly line station. And would a boss try to ban it because it pollutes? Most people ban it for, you know, health reasons. Not that air quality doesn't affect our health, obviously, but I've never heard of this sort of correlation.

Man, I just hope Honcho is doing something about that pollution from his factory. Honest, guys, I just don't know what to say here. Well, except that "diffo" is just wrong. As is the hyphen between "cigarette" and "smoking." (And does that mean that pipes and cigars are A-OK?) And also, use different words in the expo box and how people are coughing. That's just lazy.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Diffo" really jumped out at me too.

 
At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find "diffo" kind of charming, in an archaic way... I picture Scaduto walking around, snapping his fingers as he says things like, "Hey, daddy-o, that's real, like, diffo!"

Not to nitpick, but banning smoking in the workplace is (or certainly should be) more related to pollution than to health, unless you mean the health of all the employees in general in relation to the air quality of their work environment. If companies banned smoking for the sake of the health of the smoking employees themselves, it's a little too fine a line between that and banning doughnuts, high heels, coffee, etc.

I just don't want to start things down any path that could take away my coffee, is what I'm saying!

 
At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ho ho ho happy new year

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Barb said...

librarian, yeah, I meant in the "secondhand smoke" kind of way.

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Michael Foley said...

The "oh, yeah-h-h..." makes me think it's narrated by "Macho Man" Randy Savage.

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Michael Foley said...

... or the Kool-Aid Man. There's even a nice brick wall he can burst out of.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home