Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Yay, free money!

The first thing I thought of when I saw today's strip was when I won tickets to see the second Harry Potter movie the night before it opened. I got very excited. Had I not been driving at the time, I probably would've jumped around a bit myself.

My main problem with this strip, though, is that we're seeing the people at two different times. The big question is, How did the people who won $5 million react when they first found out? I'm sure that if you talked to Miss $2K the next day, she'd be pretty excited, but nowhere near how happy she is when she actually won the money (also, it appears that she had to make at least some effort, and probably just being on television--as I assume she is--would ramp up her excitement levels).

If you watch the press conferences or whatnot after someone wins the big lottery (and actually, these people didn't win the big jackpot--when compared to winnings of over $100 million, $5 million isn't that much), the people usually seem pretty dazed. These people, though, look drugged. And honestly, what do you want these people to do? Jump up and down joyfully? That'd be annoying, too.

On the positive side, at least the concept here is original.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another thing to think about is that the people who win the jackpot usually are interviewed hundreds of times and are asked the exact same questions over and over again. So the jackpot winners are probably just bored and want to go buy a rocket car or something. I totally know this from my own personal experience.

 
At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I won a hundred million dollars in the lottery six months ago, and I am still jumping for joy. It's very difficult to eat soup, drive a car, or eat soup while jumping for joy. In fact, it's making it very difficult to write this right now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home