Monday, January 08, 2007

Bat Boy would've made this more interesting

Apologies for the lack of posting on Friday. My computer refused to have anything to do with Gmail, and since Blogger and Gmail are now linked, it led to problems. Annoying problems. I was email deprived. (Well, you know. Deprived of one of my email accounts.)

In a shocking development, the premise of today's strip is recycled. I know! At least this one involves a woman believing a tabloid (and really, who hasn't gone through a phase with the Weekly World News?) instead of a television show--and it isn't really medical. So that's a step up.

And I love that the man has four ears. It's the picture that makes, it really. Honestly, that wouldn't cut it in the WWN (he's no Bat Boy, that's for sure). But I'm in love with the picture of him. I mean, it's HUGE!

Look at Daffia's face in the bottom panel. It's clear that she does believe what the scale says, but she's gone into sputtering denial mode. What they're not showing is that after "Not true" she sighs and wanders off, muttering about needing to lose weight. With no support from her idiotic husband. Of course, I'm not sure if I could put up with someone who actually believed the WWN, but I'm not the one who married her.

Not that it matters, but she looks thinner in the bottom panel than the top. I think it's the odd choice to illustrate her flank. Bizarre.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too, was amused by the guy with four ears. I love how tame of an outlandish thing it is. It's like, "Hmm, let's think of something really crazy and off the wall... I know, a man with MORE THAN THE USUAL NUMBER OF EARS!"

It reminds me a little of a Letterman Top Ten list that was something like "Unexciting Superhero Abilities" including things like "Able to shake exactly two aspirin out of a bottle" and "Really bendy thumb".

Next week in the WWN: A dog who is fluffy, but his TAIL is NOT especially fluffy.

 
At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After seeing Dafia in a nightgown, I'm a non-believer that she's a woman.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home