Friday, July 28, 2006

Shockingly, I have no TDIET strips on my fridge

In a nonshocking development, I'm a bit confused by today's strip. How is that a sign of the times? I don't seem to remember there being a time when random photos weren't on a fridge (though mine, admittedly, is covered with comic strips; mostly Pearls Before Swine). In the olden days, what did people put on their refrigerators? I guess I'm lumping in pictures with school papers and such. I don't know. And it's actually possible to put photos in albums and on the fridge. They're called doubles, Al, and they're all the rage!

If I were the kid (Little Jimmer, I suppose), I'd probably have the same expression on my face. Who really gathers around the fridge to look at pictures? And why is a picture of Grandma and Grandpa when they were young "funny"?

At least we managed to get an "Oh, yeah!" in there. It seems like it's been a while since that's been thrown in.

6 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Blogger John Smith said...

I was more struck by the fact that this was a sign of the times in the 1950's. Today, most photo albums are stored on this new fangled device called a computer.

 
At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe it's a pluggers/TDIET mash-up and the implied message is the fridge is the plugger computer.

 
At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Back in Al's day, they were made of wood and called "ice boxes". One day while pulling pages out of the Sears catalogue in the little house out back he happen to glance at the pictures of the new-fangled device called a "refrigerator". Al's life hasn't been the same since.

 
At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the kid breaking the fourth wall. Scaduto hasn't had any characters looking directly at the audience for a week or two.

 
At 12:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

tashi: That's when Scaduto thinks of an idea so stupid--that not even a single reader of TDIET thought was funny enough to send in. Oh, yeah!

P.S. He'll do it every time...

 
At 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did anyone else notice that Little Jimmer looks almost exactly like Dubya?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home