Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Scaduto made a funny!

I admit it. I laughed at today's strip. Scaduto has hit upon a way to make me laugh at his comic: cause the characters to suffer physical pain. My dislike of everyone in the strip made watching Arfo shriek like a baby fairly enjoyable. And apparently Scaduto likes making them suffer, too; the "heh heh" in the exposition box really make the strip work.

What doesn't work...This situation is not a "dilemma," which is defined as "A situation that requires a choice between options that are or seem equally unfavorable or mutually exclusive." I don't see any choice going on here. It's not like she's trying to figure out whether to spend time to look for the earring, or just wear another pair and get to wherever they're going sooner. It is a problem. Problem does not equal dilemma.

"Friend Hubby"? I guess it's nice that they're friends. I know we've seen Catastra before (mostly because I always read it as "castrate" and get amused for a moment), but again, don't have the energy or desire to see what prior scrapes she's gotten herself into.

I'm guessing that the earring fell with the post straight up and that Arfo stepped on it with his full weight; otherwise, it really wouldn't hurt that much. (God knows I've stepped on an earring or two, and I certainly never reacted like that.)

But now I have to go and bleach my eyes, because I certainly don't want to see anyone from the TDIET universe in their underwear.

5 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hell, I stepped on a nail once and it went through my foot and I didn't carry on like that wimp.

 
At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is probably meant to be "And find it, friend, Hubby does." Bad punctuation + sloppy grammar = no surprise.

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Barb said...

And should it be "barefooted"? I would put "barefoot."

 
At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm sure you remember which one Catastra was last in. I bet her husband has the urge to package mix her to the moon right about now...

 
At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm very late, but am I the only one who, at first glance, saw the hubby's "Ye-eeow" and then misread the wife's name as Castrata? Oh yeah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home