Saturday, July 15, 2006

Eye of the beholder, etc., etc.

I guess the lesson of today's strip is that not everyone has the same concept of what makes a member of the opposite sex attractice. Which, duh. I'm shocked that "the guys" had the same image of a "knock-out."

I'm amused at Scaduto's image of said knock-out; sure, she seems pretty enough, but she's still dressed just a tad conservatively. And her breasts seem a bit lopsided. She's actually very disproportionate.

Anyway, how horrible that Yappley found this woman attractive! I guess we're supposed to think that she's completely ugly, but no more so than pretty much any other woman in this strip ever is. She doesn't seem particularly unattractive. And also, "the guys" aren't exactly lookers themselves. They also seem rude; I mean, the first guy has problems getting out a "How do you do?" while the second guy is just standing there, horrified.

Shut up, guys. Shut up, Scaduto.

(And I notice it's another "No Name Please." Shut up, "No Name Please." Don't judge who others find attractive.)

5 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Blogger Swimmy Lionni said...

Maybe they're just confused because her name is Lula Patoot.

I mean, I know I am.

 
At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps the girl they both imagined
really did exist before;
the risque one who used to lax around the office with an uneven torso :o

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger Frankie Machine said...

If you compare this strip to the previous day's, you'll see Yappley is the same guy who couldn't figure out which "Joe" sent him a postcard.

The two schmucks who think "Lula Patoot" is unattractive should consider the possibility that their broad paisley ties and blue checkered pants are the reasons they have to hang out with each other, while their friend is the one who isn't sleeping alone.

 
At 12:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The imaginary Lula Patoot looks a little Asian. Sometimes Asians are drawn with fewer facial features, for some reason. Maybe because non-Asian cartoonists don't have as much practice drawing Asian features?

Scaduto didn't mean to draw an Asian woman, of course. He just has no practice drawing attractive people. I'm surprised he didn't just cut and paste a picture from the AARP magazines he uses to wallpaper his furnished room.

 
At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Yappley probably took it in the "Patoot" a few times if you know what I mean. I love how the TDIET writer has to add the "Heh Heh" comment, that makes the entire strip.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home