Thursday, July 13, 2006

Maybe she's at the Costco pharmacy

Wow! Today's strip actually includes the phrase "they'll do it every time." That used to be a lot more common, but Scaduto doesn't do it too terribly often. I feel that it would be a bit more powerful without the ellipsis after, but what can you do? (Well, not use the ellipsis.)

I appreciate that we're apparently so unobservant that we wouldn't realize that the woman was surprised at the very large container she's being handed. That arrow sure clears it up! Actually, it would be helpful if Scaduto always used that sort of thing to help clarify the joke for me. Because, really, it's not always that obvious.

Anyway, I may be wrong, but if you're getting a huge jar of pills from a pharmacist, isn't it usually the doctor's fault? I thought that prescriptions themselves stated how many doses should be included. I could be wrong, though. The strip does seem to indicate this is the pharmacist's fault.

And I wonder if we're supposed to gasp in horror at the price, as well. Man, I'd be happy to get that many pills for less than $50. I once got a prescription for something to help me with a sore throat; I got, like, 5 pills and it cost me $25. And hey, she could always just sell them on the black market (like the episode of The Simpsons where Marge sells all of their extra pills in a garage sale).

5 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Throwing in the "They'll do it everytime" annoyed me. But I'm weird like that- I always hate it when a character says the title of the movie. Like- "Today, we celebrate our...Independence Day!"

 
At 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, what pharmacy is she at that they give her more than she asks for? Lady, talk to your doctor. Obviously he's got some kind of racket going with the pharmacy.

Also, 43 bucks for a thing of pills that big? Quit complaining.

 
At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So...the doctor is giving her pills that need to be taken after every meal, but they make her lose her appetite? And she gets more pills than she needs? Get a second opinion, like, we mean, now, lady! Oh yeah!

 
At 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

clicking on the "About They'll do it everytime" link gives us this gem...

"Al Scaduto
After more than three decades of producing They'll Do It Every Time panels, Al Scaduto has developed a real sense of what gets under our skin. "

Truer words have never been spoken.

 
At 12:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, there. Great blog. I'm a reader of the Comics Curmudgeon and found this site though that.

Speaking of this entry, I've never had this happen to me. My doctor gives me samples of meds for up to two weeks to see if they work...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home