Saturday, July 22, 2006

I could use a good cocktail myself

The absolute best part about today's strip is the guy in the botton panel who's yawning. I also love that both doctor and wife in the top panel look so alarmed at Barfwell's directins. Quite frankly, if I were in the hospital, even having "just" minor surgery, I'd be happy if my hypothetical husband were concerned about me. I might find it amusing, but unless acting, you know, worried about my well-being is totally out of character for my husband, I wouldn't have that expression on my face. And I refuse to believe a doctor could be shocked by pretty much anything a spouse says in the hospital. Particularly a fairly minor outburst like this.

(And clearly the doctor went into the right line of work. With a last name like Suture, you really have to wind up in medicine.)

The moral, as always, is that people are hypocrites. And whiny. Really, that's all this strip is. Whiny, whiny hypocrites. Yes, it is easy to complain about cost once your loved one is totally healthy again! I get it!

On the other, I'm intrigued by the cocktail circuit. How do I get in on that?

6 Comments:

At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scaduto hit the mark on this one, patients and their families do this all the time (I can't believe I said that).

 
At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You haven't lived until you've joined the cocktail circuit.

 
At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't you hear? They're renaming on e of the Nascar events the Vodka Martini 500.

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger DaveyK said...

I'm fond of the plate of non-specific food-like-items juxtaposed with the highly-specific bottle of Tanqueray.

 
At 12:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barfwell? BARFWELL?

 
At 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When was the last decade a doctor wore a reflector on his head? Or one of those Chairman Mao jackets?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home