Monday, July 17, 2006

At my house, the closets aren't mini-size

I came thisclose to having my entire response to today's strip be, "Nope." Because...nope, never noticed that. Even in the places I've lived where I haven't had much closet space, I always had more than when I've stayed in a hotel. Maybe, just maybe, the closets in motels seem bigger because there are fewer clothes to put in them!

(Side note: And is this supposed to be the same guy in both the panels? Seems like the hair is two different colors. And we can't judge based on clothing, because sweater vest is one of the few outfits anyone in this strip ever wears.)

Which leaves me to contemplate the clothes this man has. There seems to be both men's and women's clothes in his closet, all mixed together, which is odd, because I have yet to encounter a couple who don't keep their clothes separated--at least, "This is my half of the closet, this is his half of the closet." And yet it seems like there are some men's jackets in between that bright pink checked shirt (dress???) and the pink striped jacket. That lime green jacket on the wall is definitely tailored for a woman. I mean, who knows? Maybe this guy just likes to wear women's clothing sometimes.

And I like how he has to specify, "Stay overnight at a motel." As opposed to all of you harridans renting by the hour.

3 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I notice that the contributor to this TDIET lives in Los Angeles. I'll go out on a limb and say that he is a bell-hop at the Beverly Hills Hotel and thus is familiar with the "walk-in closets" mentioned in the hotel's web site. He hasn't done any traveling due to the paltry wages the capitalist roaders pay him and thus is unfamiliar with what a real motel room is like.

 
At 3:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also notice that the contributor is 'A. Golum'? Does this mean he is a magical Hebrew creature? Or is Andy Serkis submitting ideas?

 
At 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um... what does the contributor want us to do? If he didn't buy a house with bigger closets, tough! We're not going to rip out the hotel closet and move it to his house.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home