Thursday, April 19, 2007

Those pickles and chips really stand out, don't they?

Today's strip marks the return of chef Al Dente, world famous for his super-clean kitchen. Welcome back, Al! As for the content...huh? I mean, I applaud Al for including "They'll do it every time!" in the strip, even though that's hardly the case. I actually just had a sandwich for lunch and I had no problems with the crust. And what the heck kind of bread is that? Also, has Al or E. Loper ever used a bread knife? Yep, they're big. I don't know why, but I'm sure there's some sort of reason. I...really just don't understand. Even when I've found that the crust hasn't been totally cut through, I've never had problems like that.

I'd find this strip a lot better if it were dealing with pizza. I think we've all experienced pizza that hasn't been cut through properly. That's a real pain the butt.

I love the depiction of the Crust That Just Won't Break. I love that the knife just looks about four feet long. I love the inclusion of "uncut" in the dialogue, because without it, the strip just wouldn't make sense, right Al?

I am going to have to kill Al, though. "Thru" just drives me up a wall. Sometimes the language in these strips just really gets to me, and today is one of those days.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a dorky hat.

 
At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you're feeling the urge to slice HIS bread, and we mean like REALLY!

 
At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is no one else titillated by the use of "howcum"??? Sexy!

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Skullturf Q. Beavispants said...

Thumbs up on the use of "huh?" as a tag.

 
At 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did E. Loper of Cleveland, Ohio, use his or her real name? Would he/she really want to admit that he/she is physically unable to tear a piece of bread?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home