Thursday, April 05, 2007

Don't people ever write in about the foibles of renting?

I just stared at today's strip for a couple of minutes. It's not that people don't have furnaces that burn oil anymore, it was the inclusion of the phrase "oil burner service." Man, this is the reason I'm in no rush to buy a place--renting is fine with me!

Anyway. At least nobody's really in the wrong today. You can't blame the boss at A-1; it's not like he knows the dimensions of the rooms where people have their furnaces. Though I imagine most furnaces are in fairly tight spaces, so either Biff Behemoth has learned to adjust to these things, or this is his first job.

Really, I don't have much to say about this, other than, really, how often do people have problems with their furnaces? And also, this obviously isn't something that happens every time, as you'll note that A-1 has plenty of scrawnier guys to send out.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aHere in the south, "oil burner services" are utterly alien to us. But I have called servicemen for various plumbing and electrical repair work, and frequently the folks that showed up were older and fatter than I am. And even so, they had the remarkable ability to squat in awkward positions, scramble on their knees under the house, squirrel themselves under the sink and swing their wrenches and fire their pipe-sweating torches...I'm consistently amazed at how well these guys deal with awkward and inconvenient workspaces which would have me cursing a blue streak in minutes!

 
At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As pointed out by at least one commenter over at joshreads.com, notice the use of "Oh yes" this time as opposed to "Oh yeah".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home