Wednesday, April 04, 2007

SUV from the 50s

Today's strip just sort of baffles me. Are there people who would honestly put up with this? I'm sorry, but if my husband was all, "I'm taking the SUV," I'd reply, "I assume you're taking the kids and the Johnson kids to school, since there's no way we're fitting into the other car." This situation would happen once, not every time.

Love how the SUV looks like no SUV I've ever seen (but at least he got the lingo right!), and how he had to include that it has air conditioning. Oooh, fancy. Not too sure about those "kids," though. They look like they're 50. Not that that's unusual in a TDIET strip.

Honestly, couldn't the neighbor have driven that day?

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whew, I thought she'd drove all the kids down the block in that little car :)
I see now.

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Marc P. said...

I'm sorry but I am unaware of any ten passenger SUVs, I do know of Astrovans and the like, but seriously, SUV's generally have the same amount of seats as a minivan.

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Frankie Machine said...

It's okay that there are ten people packed into that car. Circus folk are used to such things.

Also, in the bottom panel, why are the traffic signals green in both directions? That's a horrible accident waiting to happen.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Dave said...

In the back seat of the Mom's car, there's a "kid" wearing a damned fedora. He can't be doing that by accident. I think Al draws this as an intentional future-retro strip, like a Jetsons homage, or like the first Batman movie where all the press photographers are using open bulb flash cameras from the 40's at the Mayor's press conference while the Joker's henchmen takes pictures with an Olympus IZ-10 zoom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home