Monday, April 02, 2007

Ha ha, Daffia called Arfo's sister a big mouth! Funny.

Today's strip is yet another about people who talk too much. First it was a teenager who did it; now a wife. I...am sense a stereotype here. Anyway. I would like to point out that it is an issue if Daffia feels that Arfo isn't communicating with her. I mean, my grandmother (...and father) is a huge talker; she talks way more than my grandfather. But it's not an issue, because he gets his point across when he needs to. And she knows that and knows where he stands on things.

Who knows. It's possible that Arfo legitimately doesn't have much to contribute, and thus doesn't speak up. Then I guess it would be annoying. This strip frustrates me, because I can't tell if Arfo thinks they don't communicate. Here's a tip, Al and N. Teany--Talking doesn't equal communicating. I know! And if Arfo does have something to say, speak up, dude. You know your wife is a talker, so force your way in and say something. (And psst, Al, it's "Arfo can't get a word in edgewise" not "sideways.")

Mind you, if I were Arfo, I'd probably have shot either Daffia or myself by this point. "Y'know, I love to watch my tv soap program"?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home