Friday, March 23, 2007

Don't taunt me with retirement on a Friday

Today's strip is a return to the topic of retirement after almost 4 months; I opened the page and it was like a flashback to early November. The thing that intrigues me about this strip is that Migraina is clearly in the wrong--she complained before, she's complaining now. Not surprising, really. What makes it intriguing is that the strip was submitted by "A number of wives all over U.S.A." I doubt that they were trying to make themselves look bad. I really can't imagine how they could've worded their complaint to make their husbands seem wrong. He was never around before, but now he won't go away! Well, you got what you asked for, so...

Which is not to say that I don't understand. I live by myself and often think that it'd be nice to have someone else around, but I know that when I do live with someone, I like holing myself up in my room. (This worked best with my last roommate, who was the same way.) But complaining to Al about this is not the way to handle it.

Also, "Give an earful" as a way to say "Listen in"? Doesn't work. Unless he's saying that "wifey's gripe" is giving an earful...which I guess it is. But the whole is worded very strangely. Which...right. This is TDIET. I shouldn't act surprised.

I do like the kickin' big-screen tv in the background.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Blogger Kaitlyn said...

Maybe they said, "My husband has always been such a busy guy. When he was not working, he was golfing or at the Moose Lodge, he never paid me any attention. However, once he retired, he stopped doing all of it, and yes, I'm getting attention, but he needs a new hobby!"

Or he made it up - anonymous contributers, maybe someone in his family had a wife that wanted more attention pre-retirement, but once the old fart retired, he got on her nerves and she got on his and they got a divorce and lived happily ever after.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home