Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Not that I know anything about embezzling

Today's strip is making me contemplate the way people talk in this strip. Not the expo box, though heaven knows that language is stilted. But the toast...I guess we can assume they're toasting going into business together. Still. "Pal o' mine"? And Al is pulling out the stops in the expo box, too, between "heh heh" and the stereotypical "Oh, yeah-h."

I wonder how long Damin and Pythio (and if anyone can shed light on these names, let me know; the best I can do is "Damien," though I'm sure "Pythio" means something in Greek) have been in business by the point of the second panel. There seem to be other employees (working on typewriters, of course), which implies that they've been in business for a while. And if one of them has been embezzling, that usually doesn't come out for at least some time. I would think.

I feel sad for the red-haired one. At least the other guy got a new tie between the first and second panels.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Blogger Wes said...

The names are obviously from the Greek legend of Damon and Pythias, who symbolize true friendship:



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damon_and_Pythias

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Thanks! Greek mythology is not my strong suit. It's kind of sad that Al is obviously a smart guy, yet still writes stuff like "Oh, yeahh!" all the time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home