Tuesday, March 13, 2007

It's like politicians have a bad rep or something

Al takes a bold step in today's strip, venturing into the world of politics. Sort of. I think the key here is that as a politician, Foghorn only makes pledges about education, highways, and taxes. We're never told whether he actually keeps these pledges. (Of course, he's just a candidate, so this might be a moot point.)

As for his family harassing him, I feel the son clearly has a valid point. He needs to go to his soccer game (though it's not like he's in uniform). The allowance issue...I don't know. Why is she asking now? I feel like perhaps there was something tied to raising the allowance, but we'll never know. Trimming the hedges is something that he can't do if he's taking Junior there to his soccer game. See, Foghorn? Take the easy chore to get out of the harder one?

I think the daughter is just out of luck, though.

(It goes without saying that Foghorn is overreacting. If people in real life acted the way these people do "every time," a lot more people would be in anger management.)

(And I had a fantastic time in Florida, thanks for asking. I'm trying to deny that I'm actually back.)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home