Thursday, March 15, 2007

But why wasn't Mom given a name?

There are times I wonder why I even bother with tags. Theoretically they're there to help me go back and look at other strips similar to the current one. Then something like today's strip happens. It sure seems somewhat familiar, but I can't be bothered to dig around for the strip I'm thinking of. I'm probably thinking of the one from February 12, though. (Yes, I gave in and poked around a bit.)

Is Mom "reminding" Lupina in the top panel? Reminding her that she's only 15? I guess the key here is whether Mom ever taught Lupina to cook. I can definitely imagine a 15-year-old whining about being stuck at home and having to fend for herself, unless she knows she has some decent food in the fridge. I mean, she's 15. Of course she's going to whine.

As for dating...well, that's a bit different than throwing something together, isn't it? I find it hard to believe that this is Mom's decision--does Dad have no say in this? And aren't fathers generally the more protective ones of their little girls?

Anyway, I can't get too worked up over this. It seems pretty common of parents. Perhaps not "every time" but not uncommon.

Of course, the big question is why Al spelled it "Lupina" instead of "Loopina." Or even Loopie again.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home