Monday, March 26, 2007

2-cent stamps are cute!

Al gets credit for timeliness for today's strip, as the postal service is again raising rates (to 41 cents) in May. The big question today is, Who buys 300 stamps? It's OK if you're buying the forever stamp--that seems like a decent investment. And, obviously, then you wouldn't have to stand in line to get 300 2-cent stamps. Of course, if I were in the position that Migraina is in, I'd probably eat that 2 cents and just get 100 of those stamps. Honestly. And I like how she's getting uppity with the clerk (who undoubtedly has heard countless people complaining about the rate hike)--don't take your aggressions out on him, yo.

My other question involves the top panel. Migraina seems to be saying "Huh? What's that?" in reaction to...nothing. Al probably should've put the husband on the left side of the panel. Or just not had Migraina say anything at all! It's possible. Of course, it's also possible that in the week between the first panel and the second, Migraina could have used another stamp. Obviously not.

And speaking of which, I really should start using up my stamps before that rate increase goes into effect. I'm also debating how many forever stamps to buy. What can I say? My grandmothers like it when I write to them.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 12:32 AM, Blogger Kaitlyn said...

I love the forever stamp.

Right now, since we don't have a fax machine at home, and because it's the right thing to, I've been sending a lot of things by snail-mail.

We don't have any forever stamps right now, but I remember when we did. They were so cool, and I thought of them when I saw today's cartoon.

When I buy the stamps, it'll be forever stamps - as many as I can afford.

When we didn't have forever stamps though, and the price went up, yeah, we had to use 2 cent stamps to cover the difference. But there are no lines at the post office for stamps - they come out of a machine now. I know Scaduto's an old man, but you'd think he'd be aware of that.

Anyway, back to my snailmail usage of the past few weeks. I had to send in one page explaining my medical problems so I could still qualify for academic scholarships, and since I ended up with 3 pages, I stuck 2 first class stamps on just to be safe.

This cartoon seems old for three reasons - one, the price of stamps has been going up forever. And like you said, who buys that many unless they're forever stamps? And what I just said, who buys stamps from a person anymore?


Ps - I love love love the concept of the forever stamp. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home