Monday, April 16, 2007

Al, do NOT mess with Les Mis

Man, I have so many issues with today's strip. I started off rankled because Les Miserables is my favorite show, so I do not appreciate Les Misebarf. And who the heck would go see a show called that? In general, that poster is horrible. The layout is confusing--though I shouldn't be surprised. It's not like the layout in TDIET makes sense all the time, either. But if the show is starring Lula Patoot, why is there a picture of Walt Warbler on it?

I've spent the last couple of minutes trying to figure out how to phonetically write how "Oh, What a Beautiful Mornin'" should be sung. "Oh, what a byoo-ti-ful morrr-nin'" is the closest I'm getting. Anyway, I don't believe one "does" auditions so much as one "attends" auditions. And isn't Walt a bit old to be doing this, anyway? I suppose someone could wake up at 40 and decide to have a go at Broadway, but it still seems odd. Love the director/producer. And Walt did get results. They were just all negative.

Clearly we're supposed to shake our heads at how those folks in show biz lie on their posters. Really, what the poster-maker should've done is had it say "Straight from New York!" which would technically be true (assuming that he did get this job as soon as he left New York). There's a slightly different connotation, but it's still somewhat impressive. And really, it's Outer Hicksburg. What do they expect?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

On the age issue, you forget the artist we're dealing with here -- Walt is actually 18 years old. I do like the spit coming out of his mouth, though.

 
At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You also missed the fact that on 3/13 Lula Patoot signed a $15 million movie deal, and somehow her career has fallen apart in a month.

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Barb said...

I saw that on the Curmudgeon as well. I knew the name "Lula Patoot" was familiar, but couldn't place it and it wasn't a tag.

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger The Editor said...

I think the director/producer just got done with the McFoogus file.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home