Friday, April 13, 2007

Inching closer to accuracy

While today's strip does seem to depict life in a period somewhat close to modern times, it's still not right. The only way this could possibly be accurate is if the "soap serial" Wifey likes is on E!, which does have a scrolling banner with headlines. But if you're just watching a regular soap opera, you're not going to see that. You know what channels have those? News channels. Which, last time I looked, don't actually show entertainment programs. (I'm using "entertainment" loosely here.) The only time I've seen those during regular programming is if there's something the network deems important--generally weather. So I can buy them having a "Heavy floods" warning up. And the ad for the Hap Hapless Show is acceptable as well. (And hey, congrats on the creator of Hap Hapless at the jump from a comic strip to a tv show!)

I'm gonna tag this as "stupid husband," too, because I blame him for not watching the show itself. I understand the scrolling marquee is distracting, but still.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home