Friday, April 06, 2007

Just divorce him!

I debated whether or not to tag today's strip as "abusive husband," but decided that this qualifies as emotional abuse. I mean, honestly. Fauna, get out of the marriage! For a second I was contemplating why she even had to ask her husband if she could take night school classes, like, she isn't a child, Al. But then I realized that in Al world, Fauna obviously doesn't have a job (Women in the workplace? The horror!), so she'd need the money. Obviously if she's taking a number of classes, it's something to discuss...but man.

And why would Fauna believe that "enjoy her company" and "talk to her" nonsense? I mean, she's married to him. She knew that this is how it would be. She had to have known. It's pissing me off, because you can see that Fauna is upset. You'd think she would know that she was married to a jerk. Agh!

Maybe I should track down this Fifi Meisner and have a talk with her.

Also, what the hell is up with the batter on the tv? I'm just going to assume that we're seeing the end of a swing.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 4:19 PM, Blogger Kaitlyn said...

I said the same thing at nine a.m.

I was worried you wouldn't get to it and I had to.

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Kaitlyn said...

No, 8, when I'm not logged in it's an hour ahead of me. I think.

But you beat me to the punch with the TV thing.

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger That's the Spirit said...

Yeah, that's pretty clearly an abusive relationship. It does make you think about the person who sent it in.

 
At 3:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At this point, I think a "The urge to..." tag would be appropriate, as it is in fact a TDIET favorite.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home