Friday, January 12, 2007

Doesn't "Your repairman" seem oddly affectionate?

Today's strip recalls the strip from November 4, only this time, the repair person comes early. Really, the safest thing to do if you're supposed to have any sort of repair person coming to your house is to just stay home until he or she arrives. You'll just save yourself a lot of hassle. And I'm sure you can think of things to do around the house until that time comes.

My big question is, Do refrigerators go on the blink? That would be kind of disturbing. Because that affects all the food you have in the fridge. I actually freaked out the other night when I discovered that my refrigerator wasn't running (...at least I didn't have to go catch it!). Then I realized that I had just tripped a circuit (apparently it was the George Foreman Grill that sent it over the edge), so it all worked out OK. But there was this moment of freaking out--What if the fridge was broken? I'd hope that that would be more of an emergency repair; it doesn't seem like something that they'd allow to wait, really.

Love that in the excessively large expo box, Scaduto had to clarify that by "12" he meant "noon." Because of all those refrigerator repair guys who come at midnight. Anyway, that's not how it is. So...shut up, Al.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why did she go to the store to buy stuff that needs refrigeration, anyway??

 
At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Notice, once again, a repeated final consonant (the T in "but-t") that doesn't actually represent how anyone pronounces anything. Remember "DIG-G-G IT"? People don't "hang" on their T's or G's in that way; we don't say "BUT TUH TUH" or "DIG GUH GUH".

 
At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"So...shut up, Al"

I've noticed you've gotten increasingly hostile towards Al as time goes on. And I'm not saying that it's a bad thing.

Also I think refrigerator can "break" not only by not cooling, but also by over cooling.

 
At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why does this woman have dirt around her? She looks like Pig Pen from Peanuts!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home