Sunday, February 10, 2008

End of an era


It seems somewhat appropriate that the last regular TDIET strip would be a repeat--from last October. OK, maybe less a "repeat" and more a "sequel," as this does seem to be what the previous strip implies. That being said, this is totally valid; I remember being sighed at more than once by my mother because of how I had my stuff spread out over the table when she was trying to put food on it.


That being said, if you kick the kids out of the kitchen, it seems natural they would've disappeared for a bit. For all we know, they're simply dumping their stuff in their rooms...although perhaps that's supposed to be the door to outside that's open in the bottom panel?
If you go to the Times-Intelligencer TDIET page, you'll notice that it says that last strip is actually today's...though I can't seem to access it. Evil! With the strip over, I may go through the archives and add in the strips themselves so we don't lose them, and add tags to the older entries, but I imagine it'll just be housekeeping-type activities from here on out.
So thanks for following along. If you're particularly bored, you can check out my sort of normal blog...though I should warn you, with the baseball season starting, there will likely be a fair bit of posting about the Orioles. (And I am aware that the comments there don't work. It just looks like they should work, and thus they taunt me.)

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 12:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Barb,
Thanks for the great comments since this strip first made its appearance on the Curmudgeon. Your blog became the main reason to follow Scaduto's work and helped cement his legacy. Incidentally, here is the link for the last strip from the Houston Chronicle: Last TDiET 'Till next time.

 
At 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think there's something quite sweet and sad about the last daily strip -- almost as if Al had gone out the door along with Wombo and Loopina. (I'm undoubtedly reading too much into it, though.)

The last strip of all actually ran Sunday, Feb. 10, but it won't be found online unless someone scans it from a copy of one of the newspapers that ran TDIET in its print edition. I queried the Seattle P-I staff about this, and was told that the syndicator decided to stop online distribution of the strip after Feb. 3, although a Feb. 10 strip was offered to newspapers. If anyone has seen it, I'm sure the readers here would be interested.

Well, thanks Al -- and Barb.

 
At 11:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow -- now if only 'Gasoline Alley' would pull the plug I will have fulfilled the vow I made to my dying mother and see the end of the strips she despised.

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Jim said...

Hi. I love your blog. I teach John Updike's short story "A&P" to my literature students, and that story mentions TDiET. That's how I found Crap Every Time. Too bad it's going to be kinda hard to continue. Or maybe that's a good thing.

If you'd like to check out my own comic strip, it's at cargopantskarl.blogspot.com. I just hope you don't start a blog about it.

Cheers.

Jim F.

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

dsadsa

 
At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bichi!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home