Thursday, January 31, 2008

Rhett Butler is dreamy


Wow. iPods, plasma tvs. Today's strip is just crazy! I can't imagine anyone watching Gone With the Wind on an iPod. My eyes hurt just thinking about it, but then, I don't particularly like watching movies on my computer, which has an 18" screen (yes, making it bigger than the actual television I have sitting next to it).

In fairness, though, it appears that Mom and Junior are watching something else on the 60" tv, so it's not like Dimwitty could watch GWTW on that. And I wonder how much of this is the novelty factor, too. The follow-up to this would be showing that 2 weeks later, Dim's iPod is gathering dust.

Other notes: Why is the salesman in the top panel wearing a ribbon? And shout out to Highlands, NJ. I used to go to a restaurant there somewhat regularly (hey, Bahrs!).

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Blogger That Girl said...

yup! theres a program called iSquint that converts movies to the iPod format.. lol

Hi there :) just blog hopping by and the comic strip made me smile!

 
At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And why is the ipod bent in the middle?

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Kaitlyn said...

The ipod is bent because Al's never seen one. He knew it was new technology, just like those cellular telephone devices. (To quote my sister's 7th grade math teacher.)

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger M W Gallaher said...

I guess at the end of his career, Al was just taking peoples' word for what they were doing every time these days. This one hits home for me, though: we just got our first ipod last month, and I've already downloaded three movies to its "two inch screen" (is it even *that* big?). And I do get a kick out of being able to watch a film on a tiny device; it's a bigger thrill than seeing a big screen, to me, anyway. And it'll come in very handy on the next trip to the inlaws, in Deadsville TN.

 
At 12:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just discovered this blog and this post is going to be mucho late. However, I love the phrase "A Termite's Delight."

God bless you, Al Scaduto... and may you be illustrating heaven's little annoyances on the other side of the Pearly Gates.

 
At 1:24 AM, Anonymous andy? said...

you'd have to assume that the salesman got the ribbon for being the best at something. Something like selling overpriced televisions to idiots.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home