Monday, January 14, 2008

A thoughtful-ish husband, for once

Today's strip marks the return to the Great Dishwashing Debates. I can't say I'm surprised; while I haven't been married, I do recall that who washed the dishes was quite an issue when I had roommates and no dishwasher. Anyway. Clearly the problem is that Fauna shouldn't be that nice to her husband. (And honestly, can we take a moment to acknowledge that Nudnik actually does the dishes? It's one of those things that's complained about so often, and I know I shouldn't praise him for something that he should do, but still.) Anyway. If that's how he is, that's how she should be. I know that sometimes I wash dishes as I cook...but sometimes I don't.

But hey, he did cook. And clear off the table. Though, again...what are these people making that they dirty this many dishes??? And what did they have in the top panel that they had so few?

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:53 PM, Blogger Kaitlyn said...

I think Fauna came from the old school of marriage, where you keep your husband in the dark about the realities of life... like how many dishes are used to make dinner.

It was sent in by a CC commenter.

 
At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been married ten years come February, and I've done the dishes probably 98% of the time. But then, I love doing dishes. It's therapeutic. It's so great to have something to do that you can just stand there and do it and not have to do anything else. That probably sounds silly to people with dishwashers, but I wouldn't give up washing dishes for anything, a dishwasher costs more than doing it by hand, a dishwasher can and will break (like any other thing running water into your house) and cause lots of trouble, and I just can't believe that a machine spraying water at random can get dishes clean like a person can. So, good luck with all those semi-clean dishes that you had to pre-clean in the first place! Ah, modern conveniences!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home