Monday, January 07, 2008

Buck the hair trends, Hek!

I have to say that in the top panel of today's strip, I kind of agree with Hekkie' mom. It's not that Hekkie's hair is disgusting, but it needs something. Just hanging there, it looks stupid. But may that's how the kids wore it in the 60s. Honestly, though, I think Hekkie should just blaze his own trail and not follow the current hair trends, because they do not work for him. Some guys look great with shaved heads, but he isn't one of them. And is it really a trend? Maybe amongst guys who are balding, but we have no way of knowing whether that's the case when it comes to Hekkie.

That all being said, it did make me laugh. Which is good, particularly for a Monday.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 2:52 AM, Blogger Kaitlyn said...

The current trend for preteen and teenage boys seems to be a shaggier version of "Arthur".

I mainly see it on the Disney channel. (I can't tell ages on that damn channel - the suite life brothers look like they're in elementary school. My sister watches, I'm in the room.)

We took my sister and her friend and her friend's boyfriend to a concert, and the dude had the shaggy hair.

It's not ugly, but I'm really starting to hate it for some reason.

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Barb said...

Not that I have ever seen an episode of "The Suite Life of Zach and Cody", but I totally hear you on their ages. I couldn't believe it when there was an episode involving them and Sharpay and London all being in their school musical together. Clearly these kids do not go to the same school.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home