Wednesday, January 02, 2008

I wonder what Woopee Magazine is about

I hope everyone had a nice holiday and fun new year.

I love today's strip if only because it introduces us to Barfo Magazine. How cool is that? That being said, I can't imagine being that excited about a new magazine at the doctor's office. Though since spending time in doctors' waiting rooms seems to be a big part of the lives of the average TDIET reader, I shouldn't be too surprised. Again, I will simply say that this is why I always bring my own reading material.

Kudos for having the magazines in the top panel actually say 2008. And now I'm depressed because Al didn't make it to 2008. *sigh*

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 2:45 AM, Blogger Kaitlyn said...

I've been there.

The magazines they have are the guilty pleasure ones for me, ones I'd never buy - celebrity or teen or reader's digest.

Both events have happened at my OB-GYN. The majority of the mags there are parenting or baby ones. When those are the only ones, I wait about an hour. (I see him for abdominal pain and those are some painful chairs - give us a coach/loveseat to relax on!)

However, sometimes there are the guilty pleasure mags there. And that's when I'm seen within 30 minutes.

That's why I always bring a book. Or two. My biggest problem with my first kidney stone? I went to the ER without a book. The pain clouded my judgment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home