Monday, November 12, 2007

Sometimes you have to make it on your own

Wait. So I'm supposed to feel bad for the wife in today's strip? Really? Her husband hears her coming and gets the door for her once, and we're supposed to condemn him for not standing near the door forever after? Good God, woman, just put the bag down and open the door yourself. I mean, really. Is he supposed to know that she's gone out shopping, estimate how long it'll take, and be on the lookout for her? Whatever.

Hey, Donna. Maybe you should've hung out with me at my old apartment. If I got the closest parking spot, I had to walk maybe 10 yards from the car to my building (not the 2 feet it looks like in the cartoon). Then I had to unlock a door, go up some stairs, open another door, then unlock my apartment door. Doesn't that sound super fun if you've gone shopping and thus have to make multiple trips?

No sympathy whatsoever.

Edit. I just saw that this was submitted by a Comics Curmudgeon reader. As such, I can only hope that this was a one-time occurrence, and as Donna simply sighed and wished that her husband would open the door for her, she also thought that hey, this would be good to submit to TDIET! As drawn, though, I remain firm in my "no sympathy" stance.

This is another case where I wish I could see what she actually submitted. I assume most people who write in are actually much more mild than the vitriol-spewing folks we usually wind up seeing in the strip.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 4:13 AM, Blogger Michael Foley said...

What an ingrate! He probably can't answer the door because he's busy knitting her a sweater or taking a pie out of the oven. Or organizing an AA intervention.

 
At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the buck teeth.

 
At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you're missing the point here.
It's not meant to make the husband seem bad or anything, it's just a comment on how it is when the few times he opens the door it's when you don't need it, but when you would've needed it it doesn't happen.
You know, like when you need a cab there is none around and when you don't need one there are hundreds?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home