Friday, November 09, 2007

The Al hatred boils over

I went digging through the archives a bit to find the strip that today's strip repeats, but couldn't do it. Honestly, as soon as I saw "Florence Nightingul" I wanted to just write "Screw you, Al," and be done with it. (And...am I blind? I'm not seeing a contributor. Huh. So this one is all Al.) Maybe it's that I started working with a lot of nurses and for nurses, but, dude. Not cool. I see how it's annoying, but it's not like the nurses ganged up to most inconvenience the patient. What, like they're supposed to stop treating other patients during an emergency so they can pop by? I guess this patient could've been having an emergency (what exactly was he buzzing them for, anyway?). But, honestly. Shut it, Al. I'm not in the mood.

...Sorry. I imagine I'll be less cranky on Monday.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Sunday's strip is another example of people REALLY "on the edge"... That smoker is about to get clobbered "to the moon" and it won't be the first time -- the kid is obviously pretty familiar with this situation and what it will lead to. (Oh yeah!)

And what's the diner customer's problem? It's not like the waitress put the milk IN his coffee. Does he actually feel obliged to consume all those little creamers just because they're there? Aha! Maybe that's why she does it... She gets a kick out of watching him choke down all those little tubs of milk.

And then there's Fignewt! He finds $10 in an old jacket, then flies into an expletive-spewing rage when he doesn't find money in any of his other jackets. But I love his wife's eye-rolling in the second panel. Apparently, he DOES do it every time.

 
At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah-h-h-h-h-h.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home