Thursday, November 15, 2007

Just give those kids some Lemon Drink

Today's strip kind of makes me want to go to a grocery store and check this out. I will say that while I love things called "Lemonade Drink" and "Cheese Food," I don't fool myself into thinking that they're in any way healthy. I don't think this means we're "losing it" or "wot"-ever. Hey, points for originality, I guess. As long as this doesn't evolve into "How come we park on a driveway and drive on a parkway?" strip.

Yesterday's strip again examines the family dynamic. Honestly, it just isn't fair to hold how people acted toward their parents as teenagers against them when they're adults. Also, there is a huge difference between parenting a teenager and parenting a small child. Al and Jill, I don't know if you've heard, but traditionally, teenagers go through periods of rebellion as they learn to become adults. This isn't really an issue for a 6-year-old. (Or four.) And why is Mom/Grandma upset that the kids are being told to do as she says? Wouldn't that be helpful?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Blogger Mathew Walls said...

Originality? I've heard that exact same complaint about a hundred times.

And if it's true (which I've never bothered to check), it's simply because lemon flavouring is cheaper than actual lemon juice but doesn't work so well in cleaning products. There's really no mystery to it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home