Tuesday, November 13, 2007

At least the movie isn't about doctors

Today's strip is so blandly inoffensive that I'm having problems focusing on it, other than it was submitted by "Paula and Paul" which is just wrong. I'm kind of grateful that there isn't a male version of my name so I don't have to worry about that sort of situation.

The situation here is somewhat universal; it's not like it's the "salesman" (I've always thought of them as "clerks"; I mean, in the movie Clerks, one of the guys worked at a video rental place!) at the "film rental shop" (is it OK to still call them "videos" if they primarily rent DVDs?) is the only person who recommends movies you don't enjoy. Even the best of friends don't necessarily enjoy all the same movies. You do run into dull movies now and then.

Man, this strip is putting me to sleep. But I gotta ask--Why are there actual pillows on the couch for Mom and Dad to be sleeping on?

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 2:12 PM, Blogger Kaitlyn said...

Couches need pillows, no matter how interesting or not the programming/film is.

Plus, if you can turn your tv off with the remote (I've only done this at richer friend's houses), you can watch the movie and sleep without getting up.

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Oh, I'm totally down with couches having pillows. My issue is that the pillows depicted look like the belong on a bed, not a couch.

 
At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, Barbaro is a real name, but not one you're going to run into very often. ;-)

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Kaitlyn said...

Their names remind me of that old song "Hey Paula" by Paul and Paula.

Somebody's got a sense of humor.

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Mathew Walls said...

Of course you can call them videos? Why wouldn't you? They're discs, not cassettes, but they still have video on them.

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Cedar said...

You may say it's blandly inoffensive, but it pisses me off. I guess if a movie doesn't have a $60 million advertising budget and big name actors, it's a boring, talky drama.

 
At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah-h-h-h-h.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home