Wednesday, January 31, 2007

People don't live in the suburbs, do they?

I hope today's strip has taught everyone a lesson: There's traffic in the suburbs, too! I know, I know, you're all shocked. But nobody would go to a movie in the suburbs on what's probably a weekend night! you think.

Dear reader, I know. It's almost as though people who live in the suburbs for some reason don't want to trek down into the closest city to see a movie. I don't understand it either.

I also don't really understand where Lula and Alf live. Is this some sort of artsy film they want to see? Otherwise, why do they have to drive a half hour to see a movie? If they live close enough to a "downtown," they should probably be closer than a half hour from a movie theater. Although I suppose traffic (particular the traffic on Long Island, where Jericho, NY, is located)could add up.

But really, in general, why would anyone think, ever, that a movie theater in the suburbs would be empty? Has this person ever been to the 'burbs?

Actually, the real question is why is everyone still standing in line when the "Sold out" sign is up. I refuse to believe that more than just the one movie ("Purple Love"?) is playing. Look at the marquee!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Blogger Kaitlyn said...

Maybe it's a representation of the situation where almost everybody assumes the interstate will be jammed, it's rush hour, so I'll take the side streets, and what happens? The side streets are packed! (And so's the interstate, but it's Memphis traffic, so blegh.)

And it's soooooo much fun to go the movies before 5 on a weekday, the theater is empty, even for new movies.

 
At 11:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The way he drags out words like "YEAH-H-H..." is viscerally offensive to me. It makes me try to imagine a real human talking like that, yet I can't come up with a scenario in which a real person would.

 
At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

everytime I hear the "YEAH-H" in my head, it's being said by that sleazy guy who seems to hang out in every bar, wearing too much hair gel (sorry, Al, "TONIC") and an optional greasy mustache who doesn't know what "No, thanks" means.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home