Monday, January 29, 2007

A tire hitting my car is not my fault

I love the name of the repair shop in today's strip--Perko Body Repair. Awesome. Though I will say that the guy working there certainly doesn't look terribly perky. I'm not sure whether "You Know Who" who sent this in has ever actually dealt with having insurance pay for a repair. Because it's certainly not as if you can just tack things on the way Gus seems to be doing. I will say that I understand the desire, though; we do pay a lot for car insurance, so it would be nice to have them pay for other random things. I can't quite complain myself, though; I switched insurance, and within 6 months managed to rack up something like $3000 worth of damage to my car. Whoops.

Anyway, no. And is that weird shape behind the headlight supposed to be the dent? Because how in the world would you dent your car there? Makes no sense. And why is the Perko Worker so upset with Goosegg trying to rip off the insurance company? I suppose that if the company found out, they could come down on Perko, but I can't imagine that this guy hasn't seen it before. I imagine that look should be him sighing and rolling his eyes, not glaring about it.

Love Gus's tie, though.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear God, Voldemort is sending in ideas to They'll Do It Every Time!

 
At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

\begin{linguistic_nerdiness}

I like how the guy's last name is "Goosegg" -- when the words "goose" and "egg" were glued together, the e's overlap and become one.

I suppose that makes sense, because "Gooseegg" doesn't work very well, since you might be tempted to think it rhymes with "league". I guess Scaduto could have gone with "Goose-egg" but hyphenated names are inelegant.

It reminds me of the Guns 'n Roses song on AFD whose title is "Nightrain", not "Night Train". Or the frequent misspellings "roomate" and "mispell".

\end{linguistic_nerdiness}

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'd like to hear one person say in real life, "Er, get it, pal o' mine." to anyone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home