Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I want the old register to go "Ch-chunk!"

"You're asking...we're showing..."? Really? Clearly the highlight of today's strip because really, nobody's asking. Most of us have dealt with high-tech cash registers. Most of us know how long they take, and trust me, it's not long enough for cobwebs to form.

Unless the highlight is the fact that that wacky modern register is literally in the shape of an anvil. I feel like that's almost too clever for TDIET, really.

Seriously, is this really a problem? I've never encountered anything like it. If anything, the problem probably isn't the machine, but the person working the machine. I have no doubt that ol' Ferd himself is working the register, and he has much more incentive to keep his customers happy than Oddly Formal Checkout Guy at the Big Store.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 5:50 PM, Blogger Cedar said...

I'm normally able to figure out what the cobwebs mean in this strip, but today's had me so confused--for some reason, I thought the cobwebs were implying that the register itself had been there for years, when, if that were the case, the older one should be the one with cobwebs. Thanks for clearing that up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home