Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Catching up

It's two for one today, since I didn't post yesterday.
Yesterday's strip is awesome for having Fauna and her boyfriend go steady. I'm debating whether or not he looks like a shiftless loafer. I want to say no, mostly because he's wearing a suit and tie, which I find impressive. I wonder where he and Fauna are going! The person who annoys me the most in this strip is the dad. Hey, Dad! You could've stepped in and stopped Fauna from being a brat yourself! Raising a kid doesn't rest solely on Mom's shoulders! Sorry, I think I'm making too much sense.


Today's strip is another case where the basic premise is correct--one frequently does come back from vacation to find a lot of voicemail and e-mail waiting. And we again see a computer! Shocking. But..."E-mail glop"? And did you not bring a cell phone? Maybe they don't have them. Even if I accepted the answering machine premise, the recording should clearly be something like, "You have 23 new messages and 4 old messages," not what he has. Also? That mail is probably mostly junk. Sure, everyone still gets regular mail, and some of it is important. But there's no way that there would be a large pile like that that isn't easily sorted into junk mail vs. personal mail.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, that is the answering machine message. It is bizarrely written in left-to-right, bottom-to-top form if you tilt your head right. I came here to specifically comment on it, as it is to my mind the most noteworthy feature of this comic in quite some time. I think Scaduto may have borrowed it from some ancient script such as Ogham. If only he had done it boustrophedonically!

 
At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Today's comic is sillier than usual, which is saying something. TDIET people get mail from AARP, Medicare Part B, the Reader's Digest, and their collectible figurine companies. Maybe the church bulletin too, but nothing else. They don't have e-mail, cell phones, or in most cases, jobs. How hard can it be to keep up with that kind of frenzied communication?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home