Saturday, August 26, 2006

Yes, some of us do still use the postal service

Today's strip brings up an interesting point: Did my parents ever write thank-you notes? Huh. I'm quite sure my father never did (well, perhaps when he was growing up); my mom probably did. Not that I ever saw the proof. I'm now intrigued.

I like the dog (he looks so happy!) and the mother's expression in the top panel; I'm not sure what that's supposed to convey. I'm also a bit curious as to why Arfo's blush isn't red; does Scaduto not have a red pencil? Arfo just looks really dirty.

Anyway...I got nothin'. See you Monday!

2 Comments:

At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh...oh no.

I like this TDIET.

As someone who grew up writing forced thank you notes (and is still pretty good at it today)...I...I like this TDIET.

I'm so ashamed!

 
At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed, Little Loopina does appear to like Grandma's sweater and "wear it all the time", since she's wearing it before she writes the Thank-You note, and again on the day she receives the respose from Grandma.

Come to think of it, Mom and Dad are decked out in the exact same duds in both panels as well. Will someone please clothe this family?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home