Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The Adventures of Pasty McWhiterson

Today's strip got me all riled up. Like Pale Perko, I am one of the whitest, pastiest people around. There's a glare off my legs when I wear shorts. Except for my face, which is ruddy (thanks, German heritage!), and my forearms, which have the faintest of farmers' tans, I am white white white. Frighteningly so.

And Al, do you know what happens when I go to the beach and soak up the sun? If I have on sunscreen--which, duh, some of us want to avoid skin cancer--then I don't really tan. Maybe if I had a nice, long vacation, I would, but if we're talking 3 or 4 days...nope, I remain pasty white. If I go light on the sunscreen, I turn a lovely shade of red. Like, immediately. There's very little in between.

So what's the problem with Pale taking a vacation at the beach? There's something innately relaxing about just being on the beach, hearing the waves, relaxing. Seriously, G. Schiffman from Ft. Lauderdale, shut up. I'm sorry that pasty people who visit your area and refuse to brown themselves somehow offends you.

I like how all the men at the beach seem to be older, paunch-having gentlemen, whereas the two women we see clearly are "knock-outs" (bikinis, styled hair). Well, at least they aren't excessively thin. I just wish Scaduto could've added a could of good-looking men...although, really, I don't think he knows how to draw good-looking men.

4 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do I get the feeling that Mr. Scheisskopf from Ft. Lauderdale resembles this roasted chicken.

Some of us don't want to die from skin cancer, THAT'S WHAT!

 
At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This strip also makes me mad because of the way the sun and umbrella are drawn.

The fact that the sun is low on the horizon combined with the Pale Perko's positioning of his umbrella means he should not be in as much shade as Scaduto thinks.

I guess I'm offended from a geometric standpoint.

 
At 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO!

 
At 1:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pale Perko is secretly just a member of Jim Gaffigan's Pale Force. Give the guy a break!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home