Monday, August 07, 2006

Do puppy pizzas give puppy power?

I'm sure there's some sort of alleged point to today's strip, but every time I try to look at it, I wind up thinking, "Puppy pizza? Puppy pizza? Huh? What would that have on it?"and then I'm just useless for the next 5 minutes. But that's what Google is for, right? Of course, now that I know, I'm just frightened. And it's certainly not something you just go to Giant and pick up.

OK, well, now I can move on to the strip. And no, that's never happened to me. If I see a sign that says "Sale," I usually glance to see what the original price was; I think pretty much all grocery stores tell you (right?). It is kind of weird that different grocery stores charge different amount for the same items, I guess; I just figure out which stores are the expensive ones, and which ones are cheaper.

I like how the grocery store worker at the cheaper store is all smiling and happy--his store isn't cheating anyone! Whereas the other worker looks kind of downbeat.

Anyway, no harm, no foul. It's not like she paid more and then found a lower price.

5 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Blogger DaveyK said...

I'm pretty sure he's trying to make some point with the fact that the dishonest sale price is at a super market (e.g., a corporation) while the honest price is at Max's Grocery Store, presumably the local Mom-n-Pop establishment.

Damned if I want to bother figuring out what point that is, however. Especially since most local groceries charge a hell of a lot more than a supermarket.

Oh yeah.

 
At 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How long has it been since a store clerk wore a uniform and hat like that -- or did it ever actually happen? Is it just a cultural artifact?

 
At 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't notice the "dog food" shelf label at first, and I was just horrified at the idea of puppy pizza! I mean, they eat some weird things in this strip, but pizza made from puppies... :P

 
At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And it's not "Puppie Pizza"? Ooku?

 
At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like Scaduto gets his grocery clerks from the same 1947 vintage casting agency as his doctors.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home