Sunday, August 06, 2006

It's getting hot in here, but don't take off all your clothes. Please.

(Apologies...family was in town over the weekend, cruelly keeping me from the computer.)

Yesterday's strip is a timely one, depicting the recent heat wave that's struck much of the U.S. Like all other TDIETs, it's a deep, moving commentary on the trials facing the nation.

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Just kidding. I slay me.

I really don't see what the issue is here, unless Scaduto and submitter J. Kitzner don't understand that sometimes, the air conditioner can be on too high. Yes, that's right, folks; air conditioned rooms can be chilly! Anyone who's ever gone to a movie theater knows this. It's a trial during the summer; you want to wear light, cool clothing because it's 800 degrees out and the humidity is insane, shooting the heat index up to 1000 degrees, but you also know that it's about 45 degrees in your office. You look like an idiot carrying a sweater to work, but you also know that you'll spend the next 8 hours shivering if you don't. This is incredibly common.

I'm not even going to get into women being cold vs. men being comfortable. But I don't think that's necessarily the issue here. Possibly it is, in which case, shut it, Scaduto, and shut it, Kitzner.

I'd go look for previous Catastra strips, but am too lazy. Sorry!

3 Comments:

At 7:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The real joke in here -- if there is one -- is that hubby resisted installing the air conditioner in the first place but now insists on keeping it cranked up to an arctic blast.

 
At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know about anyone else, but everytime Catastra shows up I see castrata...which is a whole 'nother subject.

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Barb said...

I see the same thing. No matter how many times we see her, I always think that. I wonder if Scaduto knows that--she usually shows up in strips in which she browbeats her husband.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home