Friday, August 25, 2006

TDIET aggravation #1750

Today's strip again includes my favorite car (which anonymous believes to be a 1960 Impala), although, in a freakish turn of events, it seems that the woman driving the car is way too big for it. Seriously. Her head is taller than the windshield! She looks like she's driving some sort of child's car; it'd be like me trying to ride a Big Wheels. (Well, not quite that bad.)

Again with the "sooper"market. He's trying to kill me, I swear. The whole structure of the caption box aggravates me: "Ever happen to you? Soopermarket parking lot aggravation #1,750...Being outnumbered by shopping cards, that is..." Why why why is that "that is" at the end? I can usually let the usual "Oh yeah!" and "Fer sure!" go. And the "that is" wouldn't bother me if he hadn't included the stupid "aggravation #1750" business. You can have one or the other, Scaduto, but not both. Structurally, it doesn't work.

And no, that has never, ever happened to me. Ever. The closest is when I'm trying to park the car, only to find a cart in a parking space. That's annoying. But never have I been blocked in by carts that are in the middle of the road. And why is she so surprised? I mean, I realize that she did park right next to the store (convenient!), but how could she miss all those carts right in front of her car? And her problem isn't that she's outnumbered by carts, it's that she's blocked in by them. Gah!

5 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love how shes drivin an English or Australian right hand drive 60' Impala..thats a car you see every day..Oh Yeah!!

 
At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what happened to 1753? Why did Scaduto subtract 3 from the number he always uses? Damn it.

 
At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice cut'n'paste on those shopping carts, Al.

 
At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

... why didn't she just move them when she was getting in her car?

 
At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since she's driving a single car, she'd be outnumbered by shopping carts if there were only two out there.
The horror...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home