Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I'm trying to sing the ring tone

The most surprising thing about today's strip is that I didn't already have a Lugnut tag. I'm sure that's because I've just missed it in the past; I feel fairly confident we've seen a Lugnut before. Anyway.

When I think of things about cell phones that annoy me, their tendency to ring in the middle of a joke certainly doesn't pop to mind. Clearly the joke-teller in this strip needs help with his delivery (here's a hint: Pausing to say, "Wait'll you hear this!" is a sign of bad delivery); judging from the end of the joke, he probably could've finished it before the phone rang. Anyway. Admittedly, it is very bad form for Cell Phone Guy to tell other people to be quiet--he's apparently in some sort of restaurant (a party? I mean, what's with the guy standing up?), so proper etiquette is for him to take it outside.

On the other hand, I don't have much sympathy for the spectators. The one making a snide comment about Cell Phone Guy's wife is particularly out of line. And I love how everyone apparently knows him! I guess everyone knows everyone in TDIETland.

Ironically, as I was typing this, I encountered what's probably my #1 problem with cell phones: People who leave their ringers on at work. I've accepted that people will have their cell phones on at work, despite the fact that they're sitting next to another phone. But why can't they turn them to vibrate? Hey, at least my coworker went out into the hall to talk.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's worse is people who leave their cell phone sitting on their desk and go off somewhere, then it starts ringing and you get to hear ten seconds of "Bad Day" every thirty seconds between their bratty-ass little kids calling the cell phone and the same kids calling her desk phone.

Er. . .not that that's ever happened to me. (Actually, they'll do it every time! Oh yesss!)

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger M W Gallaher said...

He may look like a square, but anybody whose ringtone is Roxy Music's avante-garde classic "For Your Pleasure" is ok by me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home