Monday, December 03, 2007

I don't want to see Alf in his undershirt

I'll admit that Al threw me for a bit of a loop in today's strip. I was sure that the bottom panel would show Migraina in the pink dress, saying that she sent the other one back. Migraina doesn't care about her husband's opinions! Ha ha! As it is, though...I don't know. Clearly Alf doesn't really care which dress she keeps. Is this a financial thing? Another, "Oh, women, with their spending money on clothes!" gag? I don't really see an impetus for her to take one back if she likes them both, unless there are other things going on here. Just bizarre. And while the pink dress is OK, the one with the bow looks more suited to a 10-year-old.

I realized this morning who the target audience for TDIET is (other than us, of course): Andy Rooney. Thanks to The Amazing Race coming on directly after 60 Minutes, and football frequently delaying the start, I keep catching Andy's rants. Have other people seen these? They're crazy. He did a whole segment on people who bring books to work, asking them whether they read on the clock. Apparently he doesn't understand the concept of reading on the subway. Or during lunch. Bizarre.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, Blogger Kaitlyn said...

I remember seeing Andy Rooney gripe about logos on clothing - particularly the Hard Rock t-shirts.

I wish I'd seen that one about the books! He seems even more clueless than Al!

To add to reading on the subway, at lunch - this is just me, I'm sure, but I hate to be without a book. I take one to every class - you never know when nothing will happen.

And what does Mr. Rooney do during downtime on the show? Is he only there for the time it takes to film his bizarre rants?

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Cedar said...

Andy Rooney is the worst. The last time I watched him, he was bitching about always carrying too much change.

This TDIET doesn't work for me; it's not ironic at all.

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Michael Foley said...

I love the wack ass narrative text. Not just in this one, but in all TDIETs. All the instances of "so-o-o" and "heh-heh" spread about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home