Friday, January 04, 2008

Way too deep thoughts for a Friday night

Today's strip provides an interesting dichotomy (...or something; I have a headache). Al and his readers acknowledge that nurses no longer dress like Florence Nightingale...but that seemingly hasn't prevented him from drawing them as such. Is it because the typical TDIET reader feels more comfortable with it? Is it just easier to have nurses in the strip wear those outfits, because having to distinguish various color scrubs is a challenge in a one-panel strip? Probably a combination of the two, actually. I wonder if a number of the people writing in aren't ol' time patients, but rather people pointing in the anachronism of the way nurses are portrayed.

I will say that while I can see the scrub top having a design like that, I can't imagine those pants and striped socks like that.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 2:56 AM, Blogger Kaitlyn said...

What I don't get is the nurse (maybe?) in the hallway.

I've never seen a nurse in a skirt!

And the green nurse's pants are too short - never seen socks either.

Most scrubs are a bit more basic than that, I don't remember the last time I saw any with designs on a nurse. However, my mom used to wear scrubs to work (special ed assistant), and the store had tons of designs.

Also - most nurses now wear crocs - they're supposed to be really comfortable. (My feet are weird, so I've only worn them for seconds.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home